Wednesday, August 3, 2011

What I love.

It took me awhile to figure out what subject I should focus on to get me writing more (since I have been doing a terrible job at it so far). So I took a look back at all of my blog posts up until this point. Eureka!!! Pretty much every single one of them is about health, healthy food, exercise, and all over wellness. So it occurred to me, if these are subjects that peak my interest, why not devote my blog to them?

So yeah, duh, I like the subject of health if you hadn't already noticed. I love it so much that I have started at a nutrition school to learn to counsel others on good health and wellness. This way, people will actually WANT to listen to my ramblings of "This is good for you," or "You should probably stay away from too much of that." My hatred of High Fructose Corn Syrup and MSG will be channeled and take a positive role in my daily life. Currently, when I use one of the above phrases or something similar, I can almost feel the eye rolls of my husband, friends, and coworkers. This brings me to wonder; Do people not like listening to nutrition advice because they find it annoying, or is it because they feel like they will have to give up all that is tasty in exchange for good health?

I remember my resistance to changing the way I ate in the attempt to being healthy. I have always been an avid exerciser. I believed that this alone would keep me in the best possible shape and that it didn't matter what I ate. So then the magical age of 27 arrived and my world was rocked. I was still working out at the same and even maybe a higher intensity than I was before but I was beginning to notice that clothes didn't fit. This is when I realized that what you eat is more than half the battle. When I changed my eating habits for the better (and it's still a work in progress, but they get healthier every year), I noticed that I felt better and even looked a little better. I also realized that I can take foods I love and change them a little to improve their health quality, thus improving MY health (and Justin's because let's face it...the guy can't cook). I have never been one to weigh myself often, but my weight has gone back to where it should be, my skin looks better, I have more energy, and recently I've learned ways to combat some upper and lower GI issues that I have suffered from for years.

This is where my annoying rambling came from, folks. I figured that this had made me feel so freaking awesome, that I needed to share with everyone who will listen or pretend to listen. So if you have been on the receiving end of my nutritional ramblings, I truly mean well. I am so looking forward to being able to counsel people (and lets be real...get paid for it too). I want to help people feel as awesome as they have the potential to feel. I hope that pinpointing a subject to blog about allows me to write more and I hope that my readers (all 10 of you), find something valuable. Because one more healthy thing you do for yourself, puts you one up on that healthy ladder. I will welcome questions. I will also try really hard to give great suggestions that are practical for those of you that aren't as health nutty as me. Hopefully I can help you make that one change that leads to the next that leads to the healthiest happiest you!

4 comments:

  1. I'm excited for your next adventure. I know I give you a hard time about your ramblings, but that's just what I do! I love that you are so passionate and care enough about yourself and others to ramble so much. And maybe, just maybe, one day you'll convert me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Love your advice. I can use all the help I can get! Thank you for being committed to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about how much better you can feel just by watching what you eat!! When I was dieting before the wedding, I felt great everyday, no headaches, and I had a lot of energy. Now with the wedding over I have gotten out of my habits and I really need to work on getting back to my healthy eating, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know if you want some help, Sara!! I need practice!

    Emily, I can't wait to get my hands on you!! :)

    ReplyDelete