Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The War of the Remote.

My husband and I have a problem. He likes boring television and I like good television. Where I watch something entertaining with a good storyline, he chooses to watch the History Channel or even worse...THE GOLF CHANNEL!! Don't get me wrong, there are sometimes very interesting History Channel programs. However, when he chooses to watch them every time they air, which is about 5 times a week each, it gets really boring.

I feel like this is a disagreement we will have for the rest of our lives. It is very rare we agree on a television show or movie to watch. This makes the remote pretty valuable. Usually in our house, if you're the first to sit down you gain control for the night. The problem is, if you get up and use the bathroom or get a drink or snack, you lose the right to the remote, thus get stuck watching boring television.

Some would say that we should just watch separate televisions, which is a possibility, but there are some problems with this solution. First, the other TV in the house is small and is not as fun as our big one. Second, I like watching television with him. It's comforting to sit together. During those rare times in which we agree on a television program or movie, it's perfect. But most of the time, it's the remote wars.

I guess there could be worse problems to have in a marriage. I am very blessed to have such a great husband and a great marriage. Even better when I have control of that darn remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment