Monday, March 22, 2010

To Walk or Not to Walk?


I conquered a half marathon yesterday. It felt great crossing the finish line with my family and friends cheering me on. It was a thrill finishing strong after 10 weeks of training and some shin problems that I was afraid would ruin my chances of crossing that threshold. I could have cared less about my time, just getting across that glorious finish line was what I was striving for. I didn't walk once during the race.

I must have been practicing the not walking for the days following the race because I am having some difficulties today. I have limped around all day long trying to get my everyday tasks at work and home taken care of. The longer I would sit at my desk at work the worse it would hurt when I would attempt to walk again. Though this has ailed me all day....I am not complaining. I earned every ache and pain I am experiencing from a really proud moment that I wouldn't trade for anything.

My next goal is to run a full marathon. I'm sure that I'll have to take a day or two off of work after 26.2 miles of pavement pounding. Walking will most likely be rough though I'm sure it will be just as worth it.

I'll walk again....one of these days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment